FOUNDATION DAMP & WATERPROOFING
(Including Dimple Membrane)
As buildings age, so do the drainage systems that were put in place to keep the structure dry. Over time, these systems may become outdated or simply become worn out and incapable of fulfilling the drainage functions as originally intended.
If you are experiencing basement damp, moisture problems or flooding, it is important to address the issue before your foundation becomes damaged beyond repair. J&R has been repairing foundation drainage systems since 1972, and we have the expertise to get the job done right.
Our Foundation Damp & Waterproofing Process
While no two jobs are the same, we typically recommend the following process when repairing a foundation:
- We excavate to the bottom of your foundation and expose the wall.
- To remove dirt and debris, we pressure wash the exposed wall.
- Using a propane torch, we thoroughly dry the foundation area.
- If any cracks are apparent, we remedy these with the appropriate repair method
- We apply a primer to the foundation wall so that the new waterproofing membrane will adhere properly
- Using a new waterproofing membrane such as tar or Blueskin, we re-seal the foundation.
Install Dimple Membrane
- To help relieve hydrostatic pressure, we apply a dimple membrane to the foundation.
Install Drain Tile
- We install new perforated pipe to ensure effective drainage.
- We cover the pipe with 3/4” clean crushed gravel to help prevent sediment from entering the drain tile system.
- The excavated soil is placed back into the trench, and we clean up the affected area.
Get In Touch!
If you suspect that your foundation drainage system may not be functioning properly, please complete the form below or give us a call. We will be happy to assess the situation and provide you with a free estimate for repairing your foundation.