Trenching involves the excavation and removal of dirt to form a narrow depression in the ground and is an essential part of every construction project. Trenching is distinct from excavating insofar as it involves a narrow excavation that is generally deeper than it is wide.
Trenches are used for a variety of purposes, including the laying of pipe, the installation of drains, drainage systems, septic systems, wiring, and a variety of other underground services.
We have the equipment and expertise to excavate a neat pathway for underground service delivery with as little ground disturbance as possible. We offer expert trenching and backfilling services for any residential, commercial, or industrial construction project.
Trenching can be dangerous, which is why we take every worksite safety precaution to protect our employees as well as members of the community. Depending on the size and scope of work to be performed, our safety measures may include the following:
- Locating utility lines before digging
- Installing protective systems to keep workers safe from cave-ins
- Conducting atmospheric testing when hazardous atmosphere is present or suspected
- Routinely inspecting trenches
- Installing secure access and egress points
- Always wearing proper safety equipment
- Displaying proper safety signage
Why Choose J&R Excavation and Demolition
Just a few of the reasons to choose J&R Excavation and Demolition:
- Expert machine services with experienced operators
- Three generations of experience in residential excavation and backfill services in Metro Vancouver
- Ready to dispatch a broad inventory of equipment to service projects of any size
- Stone slinger and spreading services to cut your trench backfilling costs
Get In Touch!
For safe, permitted trenching services, J&R has the expertise to get the job done right. Please complete the form below or give us a call, and our knowledgeable reception staff will answer your questions or help you arrange for a free on-site estimate.